Why Study in Ireland
- Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe.
- The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
- Irish higher education institutions are widely recognized for excellence in many disciplines.
- Ireland is the largest exporter of software in the world and rates amongst the top five producers of pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals globally. The ever-increasing demands of this high technology economy have ensured that the higher education technological sector offers the highest and most advanced standards and opportunities available today.
- Ireland is recognized as an international location for high quality scientific research.
- Ireland is an English speaking country.
- Ireland’s emerald landscape and its people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland.
- Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland.
- Also Ireland’s landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous.
- Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic) music, culture and sports.
- Ireland is a dynamic, lively and modern country.
- Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 40% of the population under the age of 25; Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be a student.
- Ireland is a safe country to study in.
- Ireland is a highly developed democracy with a modern economy.
- The new government rules allow students to stay back for 6 months on declaration of results to seek employment. Once a student gains employment, the student becomes eligible to apply for Green Card/Work Permit.
The number of international students visiting Ireland is increasing each year, students from all over the world are taking advantage of the higher education standard in Ireland coupled with the unique cultural experience.
Study at Griffith College – Dublin, Cork and Limerick
Griffith College is Ireland’s largest independent 3rd level institution with locations in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.
Established over 40 years ago, Griffith College enjoys national and a growing international reputation for student success. The College has gained an enviable, award winning reputation for providing students with first class lectures and excellent study material.
We offer internationally recognised postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes, complemented by a wide range of professional, short term and corporate training educational solutions.
We are a designated educational institute of Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Many former students have gone on to enjoy distinguished careers in Ireland and internationally, in fields as diverse as accountancy, business, computing, design, law, media, music and drama.
With over 7,000 students at its campuses in Dublin, Cork and Limerick, Griffith College is the ideal choice for students seeking a strong education and a vibrant college life. Each campus is centrally located, meaning you have a wide variety of amenities and facilities on your doorstep, and with a large selection of clubs and societies, from football and basketball to film and photography, there are plenty of ways to get to know your fellow students!
We currently have 77 different nationalities studying with us and this number continues to grow annually. International students have contributed greatly to the success if the College, both academically and through sporting and cultural achievements.
How to apply for your Study Visa in Ireland
For a successful visa application the following documents should be submitted at minimum. Please note that other supporting documents maybe required and students should contact the local Irish Embassy or Consulate to obtain information on the full documentation required or click here.
- Visa application form
- Student visa declaration form
- Education documents from high school and university where applicable
- English proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL
- Evidence of finances – you should be able to demonstrate that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to support your living expenses while in Ireland and be able to meet the cost of the programme. The Immigration office recommends student to have access to €7000 per year for living expenses
- Proof of Medical Insurance – GCD will provide medical insurance for all students
- Proof of payment
- Proof of enrollment on the stated course
- Evidence of previous immigration and travel history, if any
- Evidence of previous work experience, if any.